Healthcare system seems to have changed under the pandemic of COVID-19. We will continue to take care of our patients and provide in office and remote neurological services to our patients. We would like to assure our patients that "Patient safety is our priority." Under this we will be following guidelines recommended by CDC and Texas Medical Board.
Following recommendation are made to our patients:
1. Try to schedule Teleneurology appointment as much as possible.
2. When coming in office for an appointment, the following guidelines are recommended.
- If you have any symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 i.e, fever, shortness of breath, cough, aches and pains, runny nose, sore throat, diarrhea.
- You may be triaged over the phone before you come in office for your appointments. If you have any above symptoms you may be asked not to come in office.
- Follow daily trending of COVID-19 cases and fatalities at Texas department of Heatlh and Human Services
- Please wear a mask in public places and also when you come into the office.
- A mask must be worn by both the patient and physician or the physician’s delegate when in proximity of the patient (meaning less than a 6-foot distance between the patient and the physician or the physician’s delegate.
- To practice social distancing in waiting areas.